What you will learn
- The basics of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- The role of people: from inequality, to poverty, to health and human rights.
- The role of the planet: planetary boundaries, the value of renewable energy, and sustainable consumption of our natural resources.
- Tipping points: the big three boundaries of the planet.
- Global governance: how do we move forward as a planet for sustainability?
Sustainable development is the most urgent challenge facing humanity. Its fundamental question is: How can the world economy continue to develop in a way that is socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable? A thriving global society relies on the stability of the Earth and its resilience across oceans, forests, waterways, biodiversity, the atmosphere and more. So how do we shape sustainability at a global scale?
Delve into the basics of Sustainable Development and the history and science of sustainability with the Stockholm Resilience Center and leaders in the field. In this Professional Certificate Program, you will learn the tenets of sustainable development and how our societies can develop within the planet’s boundaries.
From learning the interactions between the economy and our environment to understanding activities that drive climate change and the boundaries set by the planet’s natural resources, this Professional Certificate Program will help you gain the skills and knowledge necessary to tackle the world’s biggest challenges.
In each course, you will look into the human activities that impact sustainability and learn the basics of Sustainable Development. You will be taught by world-renowned economist and pioneer in the field of Sustainable Development, Jeffrey Sachs and Co-Director at Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Johan Rockström along with other experts from the Stockholm Resilience Center.
Courses in this program
SDGAcademyX's Foundations of Sustainable Development Professional Certificate
- 4–6 hours per week, for 14 weeks
Learn the basics of sustainable development -- what it is, why it's important and how we can achieve it.
- 2–4 hours per week, for 8 weeks
Can our planet continue to support the current scope of human activity?
- The demand for Green skills including Sustainable Development, Renewable Energy, and Environmental Awareness in the job market is rapidly increasingly (source: LinkedIn Green Economy Report 2022).
- The green hiring rate has accelerated ahead of the overall hiring rate in most economies around the world. This means that, globally, workers with green skills were hired at a higher rate than non-green workers (source: LinkedIn Green Economy Report 2022)
- Career prospects for people with sustainable development training include: sustainability manager, compliance manager, data scientist, software engineer, finance, climate-tech and many more (source: Business Insider)
Meet your instructors from SDG Academy (SDGAcademyX)
Experts from SDGAcademyX committed to teaching online learning