What you will learn
- Develop a personal leadership philosophy and plan
- Analyse the leadership practices and philosophies of current and former organisational leaders
- Identify methods to energise your staff towards the creation of efficient and effective organisations
- Develop coaching capacities to improve your ability to lead your team
The Leadership and Management in Education Professional Certificate program will develop your skills in leading, supporting, and positively transforming learning organisations.You will acquire skills in
- leadership techniques
- change management
- conflict resolution, and
- stakeholder engagement.
You will learn what high-quality leadership looks like in multiple industry contexts, review current research in educational leadership, and apply your new skills in the workplace. You will craft an organisational vision and develop a personal action plan to implement now, and in the future.
The program has been developed by Professor John Fischetti and Dr Scott Imig, with over 50 years of experience between them in improving the preparation of educators and the quality of teaching and learning in classrooms around the world.
The University of Newcastle has one of the largest schools of education in Australia, and rated in the Top 100 universities for Education in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017.
Courses in this program
NewcastleX's Leadership and Management in Education Professional Certificate
- Started Mar 8, 20233–4 hours per week, for 4 weeks
Develop your leadership and management skills to establish a school vision, support your staff and make meaningful change in your school or organisation.
- Started Apr 5, 20233–4 hours per week, for 4 weeks
Learn strategic leadership perspectives and practices and how to apply them in your workplace. Investigate the transformative behaviours and beliefs of leaders aligned with your current educational organisation.
- Started May 3, 20233–4 hours per week, for 4 weeks
Develop a comprehensive plan for increasing your personal leadership capacity to effect meaningful change now and into the future.
- This program will prepare you for advancing your career as a head teacher, assistant or deputy principal, principal, organisational leader, or in policy and/or advisory roles in educational boards or governance.
Meet your instructors from The University of Newcastle, Australia (NewcastleX)
Experts from NewcastleX committed to teaching online learning