What you will learn
- Understand the basic concepts of marketing.
- Identify the principles of marketing strategy.
- Describe the elements of marketing mix.
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamentals of services marketing.
- Discuss the services marketing mix.
- Understand the importance of delivering service value.
- Understand the strategic and tactical nature of digital marketing.
- Describe the customer journey in the digital context.
- Measure to manage digital and social media campaigns.
- Understand frameworks to develop marketing plans, involving the marketing mix elements.
- Appreciate practical insights from industry experts.
The changing role of the customer in the digital age is attracting the attention from leaders, marketers, investors and researchers. As customers seek more “experiences” from products and services, marketers are increasingly banking on digital channels to enhance the customer journey and aligning their Omni-channel strategies. Firms in competitive markets are increasingly trying to bring brands closer to customers’ everyday life!
Digital provides multiple opportunities to connect and engage with prospects as well as customers in several ways. However, several businesses falter while developing their strategies to guide their digital investments and efforts to continuously enhance customers’ experiences. While every business is unique, concepts and frameworks to create, manage and deliver experiences that make people’s lives better and brighter cut across contexts. Leaders, product owners and marketers will benefit from the right perspectives to work on the most challenging problems. These will help leverage the tools and technologies to grow sustainably. The Professional Certificate Program in Digital Marketing will equip you with the fundamentals of digital marketing strategy to succeed.
To begin with, explore the introductory marketing course, where you will learn the theories of the marketing through practice (examples and illustrations). This course will explain what marketing management is all about in the simplest of terms and lay the foundation for your pathway to excellence in the wonderful world of business.
In the second course, you will understand the characteristics of services and their implications on conceptualization, design, and delivery. You will also get to understand the need for the coordinated organizational effort through marketing, human resources and operations in delivering superior service. Drawing on research and examples from successful businesses, this course will equip learners with frameworks and models that can be applied in a variety of service contexts.
And finally, you will explore the Digital Marketing Strategy to set your fundamentals right with discussions and analysis of frameworks and applications. Through this course, you will familiarize yourself with the key themes: customer experience in the digital age, digital inbound and outbound marketing, leveraging social media and customer insights and co-creation. This course will help you to understand where digital fits into the overall marketing strategy, both for products and services and help you gain right perspectives to put your learnings from the first two courses into action.
Courses in this program
IIMBx's Digital Marketing Professional Certificate
- 2–4 hours per week, for 5 weeks
Identify, understand and learn the basics of marketing management theories with real-world business scenarios.
- 3–5 hours per week, for 6 weeks
Learn the core concepts of marketing services and their applications across industries and businesses from a customer as well as a managerial perspective.
- 3–4 hours per week, for 6 weeks
Set your fundamental right while crafting your marketing strategy for the digital age. Learn to apply powerful frameworks and practices to develop digital marketing plans.
- The demand for digital marketing professionals is expected to continue to grow as more and more businesses shift their focus to online channels.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment of marketing managers is projected to grow 7 percent from 2019 to 2029, faster than the average for all occupations.
Meet your instructors from Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMBx)
Experts from IIMBx committed to teaching online learning