What you will learn
- Understand innovations in Network Automation using Software Defined Networking, Intent Based Networking, and Network Function Virtualisation.
- Explore security as a service using SDN and NFV.
- Gain a deeper understanding of zero-trust security.
- Engage in the deployment of Virtual Network Function (VNF) on a practical testbed.
- Apply SDN/NFV knowledge for local and global orchestration.
The Professional Certificate in Software Defined Networking will upskill professionals in cutting-edge technologies such as Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualisation (NFV), and Intent Based Networking, and demonstrate how to apply these skills for network automation in industry.
The program provides a roadmap for networking professionals and software developers to upskill in advanced networking and network automation. Learners will engage with a range of tools in SDN and network automation.
The program provides work-enabled learning, as the teaching methodology is aligned with research and innovations in SDN/NFV at the Cisco-Curtin Centre for Networks, so you will learn what is required by industry. Learners will have the ability to apply advanced networking skills on practical testbeds.
As this program has been developed in collaboration with Cisco, verified learners will be provided with additional, free access to the following Cisco Network Academy courses:
- Networking essentials
- Cybersecurity essentials
- CCNA: Enterprise Networking, Security, and Automation
- Programming essentials in Python
Courses in this program
CurtinX's Software Defined Networking (SDN) Professional Certificate
- 4–6 hours per week, for 5 weeks
Become industry ready by learning advanced skills in network automation, including how to deploy virtual network functions and services on a testbed platform.
- Software Defined Networking is an area of significant job growth. The Global SDN/NFV market is estimated to grow from USD $10 Billion in 2019 to USD $72 Billion by 2027. This program will help to prepare learners for the following roles:
- SDN Network Engineer: Skills and experience with network automation tools
- SDN Architect: Design, create, integrate, and deliver IoT services to customers
- SDN Developer: Design and develop SDN applications, multilevel abstractions, and complete automation of configuration
- Solution Architect: Familiarity and experience in orchestration, management, and virtualisation in industry standards such as Openstack, MANO, OPNFV, etc.
Meet your instructors from Curtin University (CurtinX)
Experts from CurtinX committed to teaching online learning
As the long-standing global leader in the networking technology domain, Cisco is committed to developing engineering professionals to upskill in Software Defined Networking and network automation. With the anticipated growing demand for emerging skills and talent, any potential employee who has completed the edX Professional Certificate in SDN will gain a significant competitive advantage.