What you will learn
- The tools and techniques to manage the comprehensive project management life cycle for a project - from initiation through closing.
- To balance the critical tradeoffs of time, cost and scope to meet customer expectations.
- The ability to apply best practices across a variety of industries and businesses.
- Lead a project to success, and how to capitalize on the leadership and behavioral facets to do so.
- To navigate the social and cultural aspects, legal and regulatory practices, technology and infrastructure that influence projects’ success in the global market.
The Project Management MicroMasters program from RIT is a graduate level series of courses designed to provide you with the in-depth knowledge and skills needed to be a successful project manager in any industry. This online sequence is a semester’s worth of work from RIT's Master's degree and consists of three courses and a final capstone exam.
By earning the MicroMasters program certificate you will develop the leadership skills needed to effectively manage a team that will meet the expectations of your customers and business goals. Build on your MicroMasters program certificate by applying to RIT’s School of Individualized Study for a customized master’s degree.
Courses in this program
RITx's Project Management MicroMasters® Program
- Started Oct 17, 20224–5 hours per week, for 1 weeks
Demonstrate the knowledge and skills acquired in the Project Management MicroMasters program, and prepare for graduate level program options at RIT.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
MicroMasters programs are a series of graduate level courses from top universities designed to advance your career. MicroMasters program certificates showcase deep learning and in-demand skills to employers and can help you get started on a path toward completing an advanced degree.
How to Earn a MicroMasters Program Certificate
To earn the program certificate, learners must successfully earn a verified certificate in all three project management courses, and pass the final comprehensive capstone exam.
From Program Certificate to a Master’s Degree
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to a Master’s program, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
Learners who successfully earn the MicroMasters program certificate are eligible to apply to RIT’s School of Individualized Study for graduate level credential options. The MicroMasters program certificate will count for 9 credits toward a Professional Studies Degree (which is a total of 33 credits).
- Project management positions are growing at 1.5 million opportunities per year. (source: Project Management Institute)
- Median salary for an entry level project manager is $84,000. (source: Project Management Institute)
- Exciting career opportunities across industry domains as project manager, project consultant, project analyst, program manager
Meet your instructors from Rochester Institute of Technology (RITx)
In an ever-changing business and economic environment, the skills of a project manager are essential to companies like ours – and any organization, for that matter. Employees with these skills will be prepared to successfully navigate complex workplace challenges.