States and Markets in the Global Economy
About this courseSkip About this course
In this business and management course you will learn management techniques to operate in an international economy presented with tremendous opportunities as well as risks.
Globalization has dramatically expanded opportunities for international trade, investment and economic development. At the same time, global managers are facing the prospect of trade wars, international financial crises and intensified competition over markets and resources. International organizations such as the International Monetary Fund, World Trade Organization and World Bank Group have a direct impact on international business operations.
This course develops analytical tools for understanding the rapidly changing and dynamic global economy. With these tools, you will be better prepared to anticipate the risks and take advantage of the opportunities you will encounter in the global business environment.
At a glance
- Institution: ASUx
- Subject: Business & Management
- Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisites: None
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills: International Business, Economic Development, International Finance, Economy, International Trade, Management
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- The ability to predict financial crises in foreign markets, and to take advantage of opportunities resulting from such crises
- How to avoid trade disputes, and to deal with unfair trade practices
- The ability to win government support and maintain good public relations when investing in emerging countries