There is one session available:
There is one session available:
Risk Management and Credit Principles
About this courseSkip About this course
This course is Part 1 of the Credit and Credit Risk Analysis Professional Certificate program from the New York Institute of Finance. The course begins with an introduction to risk management and credit principles. You will review and understand credit risk, credit exposure, and the goals of credit analysis. You will learn about the purpose of debt, debt forms, and the difference between financing from debt vs. equity.
In this course, you will gain a deeper understanding of the principles of credit risks, including exposure, default, default probability, expected loss, and loss given default. Important concepts will be covered that will help you to effectively assess business and industry risks, company business models, market competition, and the impact of risks on company performance. You'll examine how companies measure and mitigate these risks.
Lastly, you'll review the roles of credit-rating agencies and the usefulness of market-related metrics, such as share prices and credit spreads. At the end of the course, you'll complete a hands-on risk analysis assessment.
Free Preview! Access Module 1 for free. For full course access, upgrade to a verified certificate.
At a glance
- Institution: NYIF
- Subject: Economics & Finance
- Level: Advanced
- Basic Accounting
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Credit Risk and Credit Analysis
- Professional Certificate in Introduction to Investment Banking
- Associated skills: Business Risk Management, Finance, Risk Analysis, Credit Risk, Business Modeling, Loss Given Default, Credit Analysis, Risk Management
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Introduction to Risk Management and Credit Principles
- Principles of Corporate and Project Finance
- Credit Markets, Loan Defaults, and Expected Loss
- Business, Industry, and Company Risk
- Ratings Agencies and Financial Disclosure
Mod 01: Introduction to Risk Management and Credit Principles (Audit this module for Free)
Mod 02: Principles of Corporate and Project Finance
Mod 03: Credit Markets, Loan Defaults, and Expected Loss
Mod 04: Business, Industry, and Company Risk
Learner testimonialsSkip Learner testimonials
" I earned a professional certificate in Credit Risk Analysis from the New York Institute of Finance and was pleasantly surprised by how much I learned in such a short period of time! Taking this course has helped me tremendously at work in many ways; most noticeably my credit analysis skill set grew and developed even further, resulting in an improvement in my credit reviews and much more positive feedback from my manager!"
-Pawel Kuzniar, Credit Risk Review Analyst at RBC Capital Markets, '18 Credit Risk Analysis Professional Certificate
About the instructors
More about this courseSkip More about this course
- Mod 01: Introduction to Risk Management and Credit Principles
- Mod 02: Principles of Corporate and Project Finance
- Mod 03: Credit Markets, Loan Defaults, and Expected Loss
- Mod 04: Business, Industry, and Company Risk
- Mod 05: Ratings Agencies and Financial Disclosure
- Mod 06: Cases and Examples