Querying Data with Transact-SQL
About this courseSkip About this course
Transact-SQL is an essential skill for data professionals and developers working with SQL databases. With this combination of expert instruction, demonstrations, and practical labs, step from your first SELECT statement through to implementing transactional programmatic logic.
Work through multiple modules, each of which explore a key area of the Transact-SQL language, with a focus on querying and modifying data in Microsoft SQL Server or Azure SQL Database. The labs in this course use a sample database that can be deployed easily in Azure SQL Database, so you get hands-on experience with Transact-SQL without installing or configuring a database server.
edX offers financial assistance for learners who want to earn Verified Certificates but who may not be able to pay the fee. To apply for financial assistance, enroll in the course, then follow this link to complete an application for assistance.
*Note: *This course will retire at the end of October. Please enroll only if you are able to finish your coursework in time.
At a glance
- Institution: Microsoft
- Subject: Computer Science
- Level: Intermediate
Basic understanding of databases and IT systems.
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills: Demonstration Skills, Transact-SQL, SQL (Programming Language), Microsoft SQL Servers, Microsoft Azure
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Create Transact-SQL SELECT queries
- Work with data types and NULL
- Query multiple tables with JOIN
- Explore set operators
- Use functions and aggregate data
- Work with subqueries and APPLY
- Use table expressions
- Group sets and pivot data
- Modify data
- Program with Transact-SQL
- Implement error handling and transactions