There is one session available:
There is one session available:
Introduction to SQL
About this courseSkip About this course
SQL (Structured Query Language) is the most commonly used language to communicate with databases and extract data for application development, reporting and analytics. It is ubiquitous for industries across the world and a vital skill for aspiring data professions to have. This course will introduce you to the SQL language and give you the skills you need to query and analyze data from complex relational databases. Join this course if you are seeking to learn data skills to advance in your current field or pivot to a different field where you will interact with data.
In this SQL tutorial you will learn how to interact with the SQL server with the proper syntax, begin to use SQL commands and SQL databases, perform SQL queries, work with data types and database tables, and use
At a glance
- Institution: DavidsonX
- Subject: Data Analysis & Statistics
- Level: Introductory
This course is meant to teach the fundamentals of SQL to beginning learners with little to no prior experience.
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in From Database to Dashboard using SQL and Power BI
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills: Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), R (Programming Language), Shiny (R Package), Data Analysis, Data Storage Technologies, SQL (Programming Language), Research, Market Research, Google Sheets, Web Applications, Syntax, Application Development, Relational Databases, Financial Analysis, RStudio, User Interface
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to use a relational database
- How to query data and shape results
- How to write advanced queries and analytic functions
- How to create and modify data in tables
SQL (Structured Query Language) is the most commonly used language to communicate with databases and extract data for application development, reporting, and analytics. It is ubiquitous for industries across the world and a vital skill for aspiring data professionals to have. This course will introduce you to the SQL language and give you the skills you need to query and analyze data from complex relational databases. Join this course if you are a student or professional hoping to learn data skills to advance in your current field or pivot to a different career that is more data focused. _ ****_
- Introduction and History of SQL
- Installing PostgreSQL
- Basic SQL
- Comments & SQL Styles
- SQL Joins
- Aggregations & Subqueries
- Data Inspeciton and Converting Data
- String Manipulation
- Analytic Functions
- Variables and Temporary Sets
- Recursive Operations Using CTEs
- Pivoting Data
- Sample Database Installation
- 3 Final Exercises
- Putting It All Together!
About the instructors
Frequently Asked QuestionsSkip Frequently Asked Questions
I have never worked with SQL or any programming language before. Should I take a beginner course prior to starting Intro to SQL?
You've come to the right place. This course is built for beginners with no prior experience and serves as a refresher for those who have used SQL in the past.
What is the value of the verified track?
Beyond the certificate which you can post on LinkedIn and other social media channels to show off your accomplishment to others, you will also gain valuable supplementary matertials to dive deeper and take the next step beyond the audit track content to learn deeper within SQL.