There is one session available:
There is one session available:
Software, Programming, and Database Basics
About this courseSkip About this course
Maintaining and updating software is an important activity for a Technical Support role. There are many types of software, and understanding software can be overpowering. This course introduces the fundamentals of software and how to manage software from an information technology (IT) perspective. You'll be introduced to various types of software, ranging from the operating system running on your mobile phone to the applications that run databases on your computer at work. You'll also learn about cloud computing, web browsers, software development, programming languages, and database fundamentals.
After completing this course, you will better understand software processes and gain confidence in using and securing software applications. You will also review installing and managing web browsers, extensions, and plug-ins and keeping web browsers secure and updated.
Additionally, you'll discover how cloud-based technologies help businesses create and deploy applications faster. This course provides several real-world inspired hands-on labs and activities to demonstrate your skills in programming with Python and working with a database.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Classify, install, configure and manage software including mobile platforms.
- Discuss cloud computing and web browser concepts.
- Explain software development models, techniques, and concepts.
- Describe fundamental database management concepts.
Module 1: Computing Platforms and Software Applications
- Computing Platforms and Compatibility
- Commercial and Open Source Software
- Software Licenses
- Software Installation Management
- Software Versions
- Productivity, Business, and Collaboration Software
- Hands-on Lab: Getting Started with Excel Online
- Types of File Formats
- Activity: Recognizing File Formats
Module 2: Fundamentals of Web Browsers, Applications, and Cloud Computing
- Common Web Browsers
- Browser Installs and Updates
- Browser Plug-ins and Extensions
- Basic Browser Security Settings
- Browser Security Certificates and Pop-ups Settings
- Private Browsing and Client-side Scripting Settings
- Activity: Managing Browser Plug-ins and Extensions
- Introduction to Cloud Computing and Cloud
- Deployment and Service Models
- Application Architecture and Delivery Methods
- Software Development Life Cycle
Module 3: Basics of Programming
- Interpreted and Compiled Programming Languages
- Comparing Compiled and Interpreted Programming Languages
- Query and Assembly Programming Languages
- Understanding Code Organization Methods
- Branching and Looping Programming Logic
- Activity: Programming Logic and Organizational methods
- Introduction to Programming Concepts Part 1
- Introduction to programming Concepts Part 2
- Hands-on lab: Programming Fundamentals with Python
Module 4: Database Fundamentals
- Types of Data, Sources, and uses
- Database Fundamentals and Constructs
- Database Roles and Permissions
- Database types
- Interfacing with Databases
- Database Management
- Backing Up Databases
- Hands-on Lab: Basic Database Operations
Module: Final Quiz