There is one session available:
There is one session available:
Introduction to Cloud Computing
About this courseSkip About this course
Please Note: Learners who successfully complete this IBM course can earn a skill badge —a detailed, verifiable and digital credential that profiles the knowledge and skills you’ve acquired in this course. Enroll to learn more, complete the course and claim your badge!
This course introduces you to the core concepts of cloud computing. You will gain the foundational knowledge required for understanding cloud computing from both business and practitioner perspectives.
You will learn about the definition and essential characteristics of cloud computing, its history, emerging trends, and the business case for cloud computing. You also learn about the various cloud service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and deployment models (Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud) and the key components of a cloud architecture (Virtualization, VMs, Storage, Networking, Containers).
The course will also familiarize you with emerging trends associated with cloud including, Hybrid Multicloud, Microservices, Serverless, Cloud Native, DevOps, and Application Modernization. You learn about Cloud Security basics and will be introduced to some case studies and career opportunities related to cloud computing.
This introduction to cloud computing course from IBM is suitable for anyone who is new to Cloud – whether you just want to understand the Cloud jargon, or are intending to start a career in a Cloud related profession.
At a glance
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- MicroBachelors Program in Full Stack Cloud Application Development
- Professional Certificate in Cloud Application Development Foundations
- Professional Certificate in Essential Technologies for Business
- Professional Certificate in Full Stack Cloud Developer
- Professional Certificate in Cloud Native Foundations
- Professional Certificate in DevOps, Cloud, and Agile Foundations
- Professional Certificate in DevOps and Software Engineering Professional Certificate
- Professional Certificate in Information Technology (IT) Support PC
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Essential characteristics and benefits of Cloud Computing e.g. pay-per-use, etc.
- Key Cloud Service Providers - IBM Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Alibaba Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
- Common cloud service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and deployment models (Public, Private, Hybrid)
- Components of cloud infrastructure (Regions, Availability Zones, Data Centers, Virtualization, VMs, Bare Metal, Networking, and types of cloud storage (Direct Attached / Ephemeral, Persistant - File Storage, Block Storage, Object Storage, etc.)
- Emergent trends in cloud computing - including Hybrid MultiCloud, Containers, Microservices, Serverless, Cloud Native, DevOps, and Application Modernization
- Concepts in cloud security, encryption and monitoring
- Career options, cloud related professions, and their required skills
Module 1: Overview of Cloud Computing
- Definition and essential characteristics
- A brief history and evolution of Cloud
- Key cloud service providers and their services
Module 2: Cloud Adoption and Emerging Technologies
- Business case for Cloud Computing
- Emerging technologies supported by Cloud: AI, IoT, Blockchain, Analytics
Module 3: Cloud Computing Service and Deployment Models
- Service Models: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Deployment Models: Public, Private, Hybrid
Module 4: Components of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Infrastructure Overview
- Virtualization, VMs, Bare Metal
- Secure Cloud Networks
Module 5: Cloud Storage
- Direct Attached
- File Storage
- Block Storage
- Object Storage
- Content Delivery Networks (CDN)
Module 6: Cloud Native and Emergent Cloud Trends
- Hybrid Multicloud
- Cloud Native
- Application Modernization
Module 7: Cloud Security, and Career Opportunities
- Cloud Security
- Careers and Opportunities
Learner testimonialsSkip Learner testimonials
“ Best explanation of the basics of cloud computing via interactive methods. ”
“ This course gave me a clear picture of fundamentals of Cloud and its services. The assignments … in the IBM cloud were really helpful. ”