About this course
What you'll learn
Ways to take this course
edX For Business
1–3 hours per week
Progress at your own speed
Fundamentals of Java EE Development
About this courseSkip About this course
This course will provide you with an introduction to Java EE using Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio and Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform. Through hands-on labs, you will transform a simple Java SE command line into an enterprise application that uses various Java EE specifications, including Enterprise Java Beans, Java Persistence API, and JAX-RS for REST services.
This course will benefit developers that already have a strong foundation in Java SE and want to learn the basic skills and concepts that are necessary to be an enterprise Java Developer.
At a glance
- Institution: RedHat
- Subject: Computer Science
- Level: Intermediate
- Proficiency in developing Java SE applications, with 2+ years of experience required
- Proficiency in using an IDE such as Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio or Eclipse
- Experience with Maven is recommended but not required
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills: Java Platform Standard Edition (J2SE), WildFly (JBoss AS), Java Persistence API, Java Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE), JBoss Developer Studio, RESTful API, JBoss EAP, Command-Line Interface, Enterprise JavaBeans, Java API For RESTful Web Services
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to generate multi-tiered Java EE applications.
- Packaging and deployment of Java EE applications.
- How to create Enterprise Java Beans.
- Management of application persistence.
- How to create REST services with JAX-RS.
- Chapter 1: Transitioning to Multi-Tiered Applications
- Chapter 2: Packaging and Deploying Applications to an Application Server
- Chapter 3: Creating Enterprise Java Beans
- Chapter 4: Managing Persistence
- Chapter 5: Managing Entity Relationships
- Chapter 6: Creating REST Services
- Chapter 7: Comprehensive Review
About the instructors
Interested in this course for your business or team?
Train your employees in the most in-demand topics, with edX For Business.