There is one session available:
There is one session available:
Becoming a Hyperledger Aries Developer
About this courseSkip About this course
Data is driving our world today. However, we hear about data breaches and identity thefts all the time. Trust on the Internet is broken, and it needs to be fixed. As such, it is imperative that we adopt a new approach to identity management, and ensure data security and user privacy through tamper-proof transactions and infrastructures.
Blockchain-based decentralized identity management is revolutionizing this space. The four Hyperledger open source Identity projects, Aries, Indy, AnonCreds, and Ursa, provide the foundation for guilding distributed applications using authentic data. Together, the projects include protocol specifications and open source tools, libraries, and reusable components for establishing secure, peer-to-peer messaging channels that can be used for issuing, holding, presenting, and verifying verifiable credentials. These capabilities enable the creation and use of independent digital identities rooted on blockchains or other distributed ledgers that are interoperable across administrative domains, applications, and any other data silo.
While this course will mention Ursa and dive a bit into Indy and AnonCreds, its main focus is on Aries, and the possibilities Aries brings for building applications on a solid foundation of digital trust. This focus will be explained further in the course but for now, rest assured: if you want to start developing applications that are identity focused and using the blockchain, this is where you need to be.
At a glance
- Institution: LinuxFoundationX
- Subject: Computer Science
- Level: Introductory
- Knowledge of blockhain technology, cryptography and public/private key pairs
- Familiarity with GitHub
- Knowledge of Linux command line
- Familiarity with Python
- Familiarity with Docker
We highly recommend taking the Introduction to Hyperledger Sovereign Identity Blockchain Solutions: Indy, Aries & Ursa (LFS172x), to ensure you have a solid foundation on blockchain-based identity solutions and Hyperledger technologies.
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Developing Blockchain-Based Identity Applications
- Associated skills: Infrastructure, Ledgers (Accounting), Hyperledger, Data Security, Cryptography, Distributed Ledgers, Vaccination, Interoperability, Blockchain, Identity And Access Management
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
Build Trust over IP (ToIP) applications for a variety of use cases in the real world.
Develop Aries agent code for issuing, presenting, and verifying AnonCreds and other types of credential.
Understand the basics of how Hyperledger Indy and other ledgers are used by Aries agents.
Understand the architecture and components of Aries agents.
Understand the data exchange protocols that are the core of Hyperledger Aries, particularly those involving establishing peer-to-peer connections, and exchanging verifiable credentials and presentations.
Learn about the mechanisms and tools used in the broad and diverse Aries community to enable interoperability.
Understand DIDComm routing, mediators and relays, their applicability in the Aries general case, and why routing is required for mobile agents.
Get started with your own Aries mobile wallet.
Understand the requirements in moving to production in an Aries environment.
Learn about current happenings in Aries and how you can join and contribute to this amazing community!
- Chapter 1. Overview
- Chapter 2. Exploring Aries and Aries Agents
- Chapter 3. Running a Network for Aries Development
- Chapter 4. Developing Aries Controllers
- Chapter 5. Digging Deeper-The Aries Protocols
- Chapter 6. DIDCom Message Routing
- Chapter 7. Mobile Wallets
- Chapter 8. Planning for Production
- Chapter 9. What To Do Next
- Final Exam (Verified Track only)