Basic 3D Modeling using Blender
About this courseSkip About this course
Animation is an emerging medium of communication, especially in education and entertainment domains. More and more learners are aspiring to make a career in animation. However, the animation training is expensive. One of the reasons is the high cost of proprietary software used for animation.
This course uses open-source 3D animation tool Blender, to create a sustainable solution for animation skill development. Individuals interested in developing skill sets for 3D animation should take this course in order to learn the nuances of 3D modeling and Blender. The course has 4 weeks of content, which cover the basics of modelling, texturing, and lighting.
The course comprises slow paced video tutorials, quizzes, activities, and hands-on assignments. During the course learners will create 3D models of simple objects. The course uses video tutorials to explain the concepts and the software process required to create these objects. Course tutorials enable the learners to apply these concepts and create similar/new objects.
This course focuses only on modeling of non-organic objects (not covering character modeling).
This course is a prerequisite for Basic 3D animation using Blender.
At a glance
- Institution: IITBombayX
- Subject: Design
- Level: Introductory
- Prerequisites: None
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills: 3D Animation, Animations, Computer Animation, 3D Modeling, Blender (Device), Texturing, Proprietary Software
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Explore 3D visualization concepts
- Enhance your 3D modelling, texturing, and lighting skills
- Apply the concept of the third dimension to create realistic 3D models
- Learn the intricacies of a free and open source 3D animation tool: Blender
- Collaborate online with students, teachers, and professionals all over the world