Basic 3D Animation using Blender
About this courseSkip About this course
Animation is an emerging medium of communication. More and more learners are aspiring to learn and make a career in this domain. However, animation training is expensive due to the high cost of proprietary animation software.
This course is designed using an open source 3D animation tool: Blender, to create a sustainable solution for animation skill development. Individuals interested in developing skill sets for 3D animation should take this course in order to learn the nuances of 3D animation and Blender. The course has 4 weeks of content, which cover the basics of key-framing, timing, and animation principles.
The course comprises slow paced video tutorials, quizzes, activities, and hands-on assignments. During the course the learners will be creating simple animation motion, using Blender as a tool. The course has video tutorials explaining the concepts and the software process required to create these animations. The tutorials are designed such that the learners will be able to apply these concepts to create similar/new animations.
This course focuses only on animation of non-organic objects (not covering character animation), as the education domain requires motion of such objects.
This course is a part of Professional certificate program 'Fundamentals of 3D visualization'. Other course in this program is Basic 3D Modeling using Blender. This certificate (combining 101x and 102x is a prerequisite for other certificate programs on: Architectural visualization and Game creation.
At a glance
- Institution: IITBombayX
- Subject: Design
- Level: Introductory
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills: 3D Animation, Animations, Visualization, Computer Animation, 3D Modeling, Blender (Device), Architectural Visualization, Key Frame, Tutorials, Character Animation
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Explore 3D visualization concepts
- Apply the concept of the motion and timing to create 3D animation
- Integrate animation principles to achieve realistic timing in the 3D animation
- Learn the intricacies of a free and open source 3D animation tool: Blender