What you will learn
- Discern between the hype and real opportunities of 5G technologies
- Understand how 5G will impact your business
- Discover which open source technologies and standards are driving innovation for 5G and the technologies it will enable, namely AI and IoT
- Learn what use cases apply to your business for optimizing customer experience and hyper personalization and for improving operational efficiency and scalability
- Discuss the first steps you can take to build and execute a transition strategy that prepares your business for the 5G future
This program is for current or aspiring business leaders, entrepreneurs, and managers that are looking to leverage 5G as part of their business growth strategy. No background or formal education in 5G is required.
Today we’re undergoing one of the most significant technological shifts of the last 50 years. A variety of new technologies and market pressures are colliding to open up the future for business. The convergence of software and networks, cloud, containers, Internet of Things (IoT), Edge, AI and more require us to rethink how we make business and technology decisions.
2G brought digital cellular, 3G greater speeds and, of course, 4G gave us streaming video. 5G is here and will be the biggest leap yet. It means more data and faster speeds with the ability to connect more devices. These are the capabilities that will make the promises of Artificial Intelligence, IoT, and smart cities go from buzzword to reality.
This program will teach business managers what is 5G, what are the tools driving its evolution and how to implement a network architecture modernization strategy that enables business- wide digital transformation.
Courses in this program
LinuxFoundationX's 5G Strategy for Business Leaders Professional Certificate
- 1–2 hours per week, for 10 weeks
Learn how wireless networks are being redefined to support a 5G world and what is required of businesses to take advantage of new technologies like IoT, Edge and AI.
- This program will put you ahead of the curve on emerging technology and business trends, enabling you to anticipate the needs of your employer.
- This program is designed for the business professional who needs to understand the potential (or threat) of 5G, AI and IoT to their company and industry.
Meet your instructors from The Linux Foundation (LinuxFoundationX)
Individuals with the edX Professional Certificate in 5G, IoT and Machine Learning will stand out as we enter a new world of networks and communications.