What you will learn
- Analyze relevant industry information for problem-solving and decision-making
- Communicate with diverse audiences through data visualizations
- Record and prepare financial information according to industry standards
- Analyze the outputs of financial data according to industry standards
Financial accounting and business analysis are growing fields that explore the various methodologies utilizing internal and external data to improve decision-making within an organization. Expertise in financial accounting and business analysis allows organizations to assess the data they have and the data they need to understand the health and future of the organization. Individuals with experience in these fields can better plan for the future by leveraging financial data, business management and prepare for future automation in many fields.
The SNHUx Financial Accounting and Analysis MicroBachelors provides the foundational skills necessary for a career in business, accounting and data analysis, including knowledge and assessment of financial statements to help businesses with their long-term goals and success. You’ll finish this program with the ability to prepare financial statements, analyze financial information and to effectively communicate relevant information to stakeholders.
This program is designed for individuals interested in leveraging data to support business decisions, regardless of prior experience. Whether you have experience working in accounting in your current role or are interested in the ever-expanding field of business analysis, this program provides the foundational skills necessary for your success.
If you are enrolled in the verified track (paid track) in any course that is a part of a MicroBachelors program, including this course, you are eligible for coaching at no additional cost. Please note that coaching is only available via SMS to U.S. phone lines.
Our coaches (real humans) are ready to help you with career exploration, navigating resources, staying motivated, and solving problems along the way to your goals.
Learn more about the value of coaching directly from one of our coaches, Erin.
Courses in this program
SNHUx's Financial Accounting and Analysis MicroBachelors® Program
- 8–10 hours per week, for 16 weeks
Learn the steps and procedures of the accounting cycle in accordance with industry rules and regulations. Develop skills needed to understand and analyze financial accounting information and communicate information to stakeholders.
- 8–10 hours per week, for 16 weeks
Effectively analyzing and communicating important information is a crucial skill set required for success in any organization. By applying business research skills and data analysis, you’ll address complex problems in order to make informed business decisions. You’ll also explore various techniques and forms of professional communications and their uses in business contexts.
Program Certificate Requirement
In order to be eligible for the SNHUx MicroBachelor in Financial Accounting and Analysis program certificate, you must purchase, complete, and pass (with a 70% grade or higher) all courses in the MicroBachelor of Financial Accounting and Analysis program. Each SNHUx course you successfully purchase, complete, and pass with a score of 70% or higher will be eligible for three (3) transfer credits into a SNHU online academic program.
From Program Certificate to a Bachelor's Degree
Learners who successfully earn the MicroBachelors in Financial Accounting and Analysis program certificate are eligible to redeem their certificate for credit at Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) upon acceptance through their standard admission process for online undergraduate programs.
SNHU's course equivalents are as follows:
- MicroBachelors: ACC201x Financial Accounting Fundamentals > ACC201 Financial Accounting (3 credits)
- MicroBachelors: BUS225x Critical Business Skills > BUS225 Critical Business Skills for Success (3 credits)
In order to redeem MicroBachelors certificates for credits at SNHU, learners must:
- Apply and enroll at SNHU through our standard admissions process for online programs. Be sure to include the SNHUx course credential.
- There is no fee associated with redeeming credits upon acceptance.
Learners who successfully earn the MicroBachelors Financial Accounting and Analysis program certificate can choose to elect credit at no additional cost at either SNHU or Thomas Edison State University (TESU). Learners who wish to elect credit at TESU will be awarded 6 credits towards a general elective.
- Prepare yourself for entry-level job roles in the fields of business analysis and accounting, such as management or research analyst.
- Stacking this MicroBachelors certificate into an associate or bachelor’s degree at Southern New Hampshire University may also position you for higher career opportunities.
- Some higher-paying positions could be in areas such as business, accounting, marketing, finance, project management, analytics, sport management and more.
- Many of these career fields are projected to grow over the next several years. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, management analyst roles, for example, are predicted to climb 11% through 2029.*
- *Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, on the internet. Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.