- 10 courses
- Fully online
- 21 mo.-3 years
Our Master of Science in IT Management is designed for working professionals with an interest in information technology (IT) and information systems who are looking to accelerate their careers. We created this online IT Management degree program to meet the growing demand for IT leaders, information systems managers, and IT project managers, developing a curriculum that will prepare students from both business and IT backgrounds to meet current market needs for CIOs and other tech visionaries.
Complete this 30 credit-hour degree in 21 months to three years, and graduate with a Master's in IT Management prepared to:
- Be knowledgeable about business processes and the integration between business functions and technology
- Analyze, design, and develop IT systems
- Lead IT management and strategy—both of people and systems
- Use data and visualizations to support managerial decisions
The IT Management program is created by the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University, a top-ranked provider of online business graduate programs in the U.S. This online degree program is ideal for both experienced IT professionals and those just beginning their careers in information systems management. The dynamic coursework focuses on knowledge that students can apply to their real world work experience. From leading information technology topics like cybersecurity and artificial intelligence (AI), to management essentials such as decision-making and business administration, this graduate program is built to provide a meaningful educational experience. With flexible online courses and rolling admission deadlines, enroll as a part-time or full-time graduate student.
This affordable online master’s degree includes 10 courses. The first three course requirements makeup the MicroMasters® Program in Information Systems, which allows you to earn a valuable credential on your way toward your master’s degree.
- #8Best ProfessorsThe Princeton Review, Best Business School, 2022
*Financial Aid including loans may be available. All federal financial aid benefits and restrictions apply to enrolled online ITM students and do not apply to courses in the adjoining MicroMasters courses. Federal aid enrollment requirements apply.
Our MS in Information Technology Management comprises 10 courses at a total cost of $21,000. The first three courses, which make up the MicroMasters® credential, are $499 per course, payable to edX online as you enroll as a verified learner on the edX platform. Once you are accepted to the MS in Information Technology Management program, the remaining seven courses cost approximately $2,785 per course, payable to Indiana University. Each term is 12 weeks long with four terms a year, so you can complete the degree in as little as 21 months or as long as three years.
Important dates & deadlines
The prerequisite for the Information Technology Management degree program is at least one college-level course or equivalent knowledge in:
Computer programming in a high-level language like C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
A full IT Management Master’s degree application includes the following:
- An undergraduate 4-year Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent from an accredited college or university in the United States or a comparable 4-year degree from a recognized institution of higher learning from outside of the United States
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation from professional or academic contact
- Official GMAT or GRE Score (waived if undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 and 2 or more years of professional experience in business or IT after the undergraduate degree)
- TOEFL: Required for international students only
The Master’s degree in Information Technology Management requires 30 hours of coursework. Each of the 10 courses counts as 3 credit hours. Courses in the degree program are:
If you aren't sure online learning is for you or if you'd like to get a feel for the Master's program before you apply, start with the Information Systems MicroMasters program from Indiana University
- Courses in the MicroMasters program may count towards credit
- Get deep learning designed to advance your career while you decide
- Strengthen your Master's application
- Recognized by employers for real life relevance
MicroMasters programs are offered by edX in connection with its university partners. In addition to offering a pathway to credit, these programs are recognized by employers for their real world relevance.Start MicroMasters Program
- Yes – but waived if undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 GPA or higher and 2 years of professional experience in an IT or business field.
- Yes, students in the IT Management degree program have access to the electronic resources and the career development courses of the Indiana University Kelley School’s Graduate Career Services. Additionally, IT Management students are encouraged to participate in networking events and the Bloomington commencement ceremony.
- Master of Science in Information Technology Management
- You are expected to begin coursework in the term for which you applied and were admitted. You may request to defer your program start a maximum of one time by providing a written request to the admissions office. If your deferral request is approved, you will be required to meet the degree requirements and pay the tuition rate effective at the time you matriculate into the program. If you do not enroll in courses in the next available start term, you will be administratively withdrawn. You must then fully apply for admittance into any future term and admission into future cohorts is not guaranteed.
- If you accept the offer of admission into the MS IT Management program prior to your completion of the MicroMasters certificate, you will have one year from date of admission acceptance to successfully complete the MicroMasters courses and earn the MicroMasters certificate. Students who do not successfully complete the MicroMasters courses and earn the MicroMasters certificate within the one year time period will not be allowed to matriculate into the full MS IT Management program at Indiana University.
- We do not offer any scholarships for this MSIT program, but online Master’s students can apply for federal loans.
- Unfortunately, learners residing in one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this program: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this program in all locations. edX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.