There is one session available:
Hyperledger Besu Essentials: Creating a Private Blockchain Network
About this courseSkip About this course
Learning more about how an Ethereum client works is crucial for Developers and DevOps professionals who are looking to create a private blockchain network or to connect to Ethereum mainnet. As individuals and organizations adopt Ethereum as part of their business processes, Developers and DevOps professionals will be able to use the knowledge gained in this course to create blockchain networks and deploy decentralized applications to these networks. This course will provide a learner with insight into how to configure and use Hyperledger Besu to do these activities, and provide examples of where Hyperledger Besu is being used.
This course is designed for experienced Developers and DevOps professionals who are interested in learning about Hyperledger Besu features and capabilities, and who are looking to expand their blockchain architecture knowledge. It will be also helpful to blockchain architects who are looking to learn more about Ethereum Virtual Machine compatible blockchains.
In this course, you will learn how to install Hyperledger Besu, start up Hyperledger Besu for MainNet and build a Hyperledger Besu private network. You will also learn how to create a private network with privacy and send a private transaction in a private network using Tessera.
The course provides you with a sub-set of skills required for a career change into Blockchain-focused developer operations roles.
At a glance
- Institution: LinuxFoundationX
- Subject: Computer Science
- Level: Introductory
Knowledge of Java and tools like Docker and the command line/terminal for the operating system
Familiarity with text/code editors used in the context of software development or DevOps practices
Besu requires 4GB of RAM
For public Ethereum networks, including MainNet and TestNets such as Ropsten, Besu requires a minimum of 8GB of RAM
Syncing to the Ethereum MainNet requires 750GB of disk space
- Java 11+
- For Orion, libsodium is required
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Install Hyperledger Besu on your computer.
- Start up Hyperledger Besu for MainNet.
- Create a Hyperledger Besu private network.
- Create a private network with privacy (Tessera).
- Send a private transaction in a private network (Tessera).
- Chapter 1. Installing Besu
- Chapter 2. Starting and Understanding Besu
- Chapter 3. Creating a Private Network with the QuickStart
- Chapter 4. Creating a Private Network
- Chapter 5. Creating a Private Network with privacy and Sending a Private Transaction