There is one session available:
Healthcare Finance, Economics and Risk
About this courseSkip About this course
This course is part of the Healthcare Administration MicroMasters program which consists of 7 courses and a capstone exam. After completing the program, you can also apply to Doane University to complete your MBA online for approximately $10,500 (learn more about the program here).
In order to be a leader/administrator in thehealthcareindustry, you must have a basic understanding of healthcare finance, risk, legal and regulatory issues in order to navigate and change the system. Managing risk is one of the primary responsibilities of a leader. This requires a basic understanding of the financial health and regulatory constraints one operates within to anticipate and address changing dynamics.
This course will focus on healthcare economics and financeto help you articulate new approaches to managing costs and improving access, quality and safety. You will learn how to assess the fiscal status of a healthcare organization. Strategic planning, marketing, quality assurance and risk management initiatives for healthcare organizations will also be explored.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to evaluate the relevance of economics in all aspects of healthcare.
- How to analyze economic concepts and models as they apply to healthcare.
- How to identify the diverse aspects of healthcare financing.
- How to assess economic problems in order to develop and implement economic policy.
- How to evaluate the economic advantages and policy options of healthcare market reform.