There is one session available:
Enabling Technologies for Data Science and Analytics: The Internet of Things
About this courseSkip About this course
The Internet of Things is rapidly growing. It is predicted that more than 25 billion devices will be connected by 2020.
In this data science course, you will learn about the major components of the Internet of Things and how data is acquired from sensors. You will also examine ways of analyzing event data, sentiment analysis, facial recognition software and how data generated from devices can be used to make decisions.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Networks, protocols and basic software for the Internet of Things (IoT)
- How automated decision and control can be done with IoT technologies
- Discuss devices including sensors, low power processors, hubs/gateways and cloud computing platforms
- Learn about the relationship between data science and natural language and audio-visual content processing
- Study research projects drawn from scientific journals, online media, and novels
- Review fundamental techniques for visual feature extraction, content classification and high-dimensional indexing
- Techniques that can be applied to solve problems in web-scale image search engines, face recognition, copy detection, mobile product search, and security surveillance
- Examine data collection, processing and analysis